NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping Sequence From Failing

I was curious as to whether not there is a way to pull the latest results of a reiterated step or sequence. For an example if I have a step or sequence that fails and I then use a pop up message to return to that step and I pass it, I want the step to record a pass. However, in Teststand the Sequence or Step will fail even if it passes on the reiteration. Is there a way to prevent this or just pull the most recent status of the step or sequence?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,815 Views)

Hi

Maybe this old thread will be interresting.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Repeating-a-Failed-Sequence-once-more/td-p/1042268

Here you have to posibility to repeat a fail sequence one more AND before repeating you will get a report of excatly that sequence.

In the example there a some expressions for "resetting".

OK I am honest: repeating is a really strange stuff.

But setting failed to passed via Messagebox is absolutely strange.

I am curious about this behaviour.

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,791 Views)

Hi j_dodek,

I have reviewed the post that you have sent me and I was curious if there was just a way to clear a failed step. The idea here is that the user has failed a step due to a mis-measurement and to allow them to re-enter a measurement without the failure reporting. They would fail the step, then follows a logic if-statement, which returns them back to instructional dialogs and then back to the step to repeat. This way the user's screen won't show a Fail for the Sequence and would show a Pass for the Sequence and Step.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,786 Views)

Hi AllanIL

this was done in example. It is repeating a failed step 

with following conditions: Step must be a SequenceCall and this step must be inside the MainSequence.

If you get rid of the conditions it should "work" for all kind of steps. 

Juergen

--Signature--
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,780 Views)

Hi j_dodek,

I had errors running the sequences, could you possbily send me your sequence? I also cannot have the sequence repeat any given failed step, but rather specific ones I desinate as I have a series of subsequences called in the main sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,772 Views)

Hi

Seems Version III was not working correctly.

I have updated it. now on my maschine (TS2016) it is running.

Just copy SequenceFilePostStepFailure to your SequnceFile and all SequenceCall from MainSequence were repeatable.

Regards 

Juergen

--Signature--
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,767 Views)

Hi j_dodek,

I am working in TS 2014, both sequences were saved in TS 2016 and I cannot open them.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,765 Views)

Ups,

now it should work.

Small modification: After 2 failed the third one will pass.

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,735 Views)