NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start a new exeution in SeqFileLoad and terminate it in SeqFileUnload

Hello,

in my main.seq in SequenceFileLoad i start a "new execution" of another sequence (parallel.seq). The object of the reference to this new execution is save in an FileGlobal variable. "Wait for execution to complete" is set to "Do not wait".

Parallel.seq has only a while loop that displays a popup all 10sec.

In main.seq in SeqFileUnload i set a statement to terminate the Reference of the new execution.

The idea is that when closing the main.seq that then Unload is exeuted and parallel.seq is stopped.

But when i close the main.seq tab in teststand no unload is running.

I have to close also the parallel.seq tab then the Unload of main.seq is excuted and wants to execute the terminate statement. This produces then an error because  the object was already deleted by manually closing the parallel.seq

So the question is: Why does closing of the main.seq tab not execute the SeqFileUnload? (Which should then terminate the parallel.seq)

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,027 Views)

Hi,

two thoughts on this:

(1) FileGlobals and Locals have a execution lifetime. As you did not execute Main, you run into some undefined state. You can use StationGlobals for this, though

(2) Termination is no proper way to end executions. Better use the reference you got to set x == 0 in your example, or trigger another clean stop within the parallel sequence.

Greetings

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,946 Views)