NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of a Teststand container

Hello,

We have a Teststand sequence that manage a set of data in a container.

This container should be filled in from a DLL in CVI.

We are able to send CVI a pointer to the container, to create a copy of the container structure in a C structure, fill in the C structure and then memcpy data to TSStand container (through the pointer).

All is OK excepted when one side or the other updates structure (add, remove, move an element): very difficult to check consistency.

I found this thread https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Best-way-to-pass-an-array-between-TestStand-to-CVI/m-p/1530686... but it said it is an old method (for TS <3.0). Is there a better method to do the job?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,828 Views)

Hello R1M,

I advice you to consult these 2 papers:

* How To Create a DLL from a LabWindows™/CVI Instrument Driver

* Using Dynamic Link Libraries with NI LabWindows™/CVI™

The easiest way in my opinion to handle struct and match it with container is to add a .fp file (part 4 of the second link).

Hope it will please you.

Bye!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,778 Views)

it looks interesting.

To be tested in coming days.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,761 Views)

Is there any update on this topic? We have not found the method to integrate the structure in a .fp.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,134 Views)

1) What is this warning for? Does it means it is not possible to pass through .fp structures containing structures (struct in C language)?

(see attached picture from help)

2) how should .fp be integrated in the .seq?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,116 Views)

We can't find the solution: no way to share a structure between CVI and Teststand, with consistency checks (minimum is size, maximum is full list of nodes).

Is there a chance to have a solution, or a consistent example, in a short time?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,045 Views)