From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple current sourcing using TestStand 2014, IVI NI-DCPOWER and the PXI-4130

I have a very simple question regarding use of the NI-DCPOWER IVI driver and the PXI-4130 (any SMU will probably due, but that's the one I'm working with).  I would like to use the SMU as a current sink to load a regulator, but the panel that opens in TestStand to set the Power Supply IVI doesn't have a current option, only voltage.

PowerSupplyIVI.jpg

If I instead open the SoftPanel for the instrument I get something that makes more sense...

NI-DCPOWER_SoftPanel_PXI_4130.jpg

This IVI is listed as supporting this particular SMU, but can this really be considered 'support' if half the functionality isn't implemented?  As I'm quite new to this, could I be missing something in the setup?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,285 Views)
There is a difference between IVI class drivers and an instrument specific driver. The soft front panel is instrument specific. Check with ivifoundation.org for class specifications. Use a step module to call the instrument specific functions.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,273 Views)