NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Operator Interface hungs up while executing a testsequence

Hello,
My operator interface hungs up sometimes while executing a testsequence.
It hungs up every time after the PostUUT has passed
The attached error description is available
can anybody help me
regards samuel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,604 Views)

Hi Samuel,

Your test sequencefile, does it contain the override callback PreUUT or are you using the default one in the process model sequence file?

If its callback sequence, what are you doing in it and have you try single stepping through the sequence to see where it hangs.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,593 Views)

Rax,

I have created an own PreUUT.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,581 Views)

Hi,

I have just re-read your original response and I see its the PostUUT not the PreUUT.

But my commets still apply.

What are you doing in the PostUUT.

And have you tried single stepping to find the actually point where the OI hangs.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,578 Views)

Ray,

I have created my own PreUUT.

In this PreUUT I call the dll for the PopUp windows to enter serial numbers and to select specified UUTs etc...

Yes I have tried to single step through the sequence but then the Problem doesn't occure. (I run it than in the Teststand developer environment) The problem only  occures when I use my modified Operator Interface on the second computer. (on my first computer it works without problems)

My suspicion is that my modified simple operator interface makes the problem

what can be the problem? what dlls does the simple operator interface use? Is it possible that on my second computer some standard teststand or Lab Windows CVI dlls are not up to date?

regards samuel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,580 Views)

Ray

In my PostUUT I call some labWindows dll which create my pass/fail window to show the result to the operator, I call a dll which exits my can bus controller. And I call some IVI drivers to set the measurement devices to a defualt state

regards

samuel

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,575 Views)

Hi,

Can you identify the differences between the two OI?

If its hanging, maybe you are waiting for some response and therefore haven't return control back to the OI!

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,574 Views)
Ray,
the Operator Interface does not only hanging.
I have to kill the operator interface via task manager and have to restart again.
Only then It works again

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,571 Views)
Ray,
I have tested my sequence with the original simple OI from NIand I have the same problem.
Such I can see it is hanging on the last step of the MainSequence which is an "END" Step of a while Loop
do you have an new Idea?
thank you for your help
regards
samuel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,567 Views)

Hi,

Is it possible to supply an example sequencefile which exhibits this problem.

Also what language is your OI built with.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,560 Views)