cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the active sequence file

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings,

I have developed a custom UI and up until now I only have one sequence file open at any one time. When I hit Test UUT's It runs the sequence file. I now need a way to have several sequence files in memory and select which one is active, so I can choose which sequence file will run when i start a test.  Within TestStand, TestUUT's will start an execution with the active sequence tab, or the active item in the sequences list bar.  I do not have either of these visible to the user, How can I set the 'active' sequence file using the teststand API?

Thank you,

Michael.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,945 Views)

Are you using the manager controls or not?  This will make a big difference in how you do this.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 5
(1,918 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MichaelS78

You should be able to call ApplicationMgr.OpenSequenceFile (<path>) method.  Even if it is open it will still make the sequence file the active one I believe.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 3 of 5
(1,916 Views)

Thank you, I will try that.  I do have a list control at the moment which shows open files, the active file and the executions. My plan is to remove this once the system is in production.  The reason for leaving files open is to avoid the delay caused by preloading modules.  If your idea works it will be safe once the list bar has gone so there is no way the operator could change the active file.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,914 Views)

I think you will want to keep the listbar but just hide it from the user.  It contains a collection of sequence files which is needed by the SequenceFileViewMgr to track all of the sequence files that are open.  It's been a while but I think that's right.

Hope everything goes well for you.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 5 of 5
(1,907 Views)