From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting numbers to specific integer widths in TestStand

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have TestStand 2017 32-bit. I am working with a DLL where arrays of integers are expected to be supplied to the DLL and read back for certain operations. The arrays are of type uint32_t. 

I want my TestStand steps to send and receive the data properly. I notice that in TS when you define a number, it's either "default" (which I'm assuming will be 'int' width per system configuration), or you can modify the representation to int64_t or uint64_t.

How can I make my arrays or numbers to be uint32_t? Or does it not matter how I store it in TestStand as long as it's defined by the DLL parameter? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,946 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TestEngineer11

It seems that this questions is addressed here:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/how-to-specify-in-TS-unsigned-long-unsigned-short/td-p/701913/...

In summary, TestStand stores all numbers internally by default as 64-bit floating point which is wide enough to cover uint32_t type integers. As long as the module being called specifies this type in its parameters, TestStand should know how to handle it. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,885 Views)