From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set busy cursor from Statement

Is it possible to set cursor busy/unbusy from Statement in TestStand?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(863 Views)

If you mean an expression (and even worse in a single step) then I'm 99% sure it is impossible.

Expressions help to work in the TestStand ecosystem, so an engine, seqedit, or manager controls. I think the cursor is outside of this ecosystem. What is more, expressions are pretty limited. However, there are methods like Engine.GetInternalOption one can use to return, for example, an ApplicationManager. But as you may see it returns it as a variant, so you need another step (ActiveX) to type cast.

Try to use Windows API and .NET or C/C++ DLL adapter instead.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 2 of 4
(828 Views)

Thanks.

That's what I thought but I wanted to be sure.

I'm aware of other possiblities (.NET, LV, or any other adapter) but this will only complicate the thing which I do not want to.

I can live without busy cursor then 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(819 Views)

Dear pitol,

Unfortunately it is not possible.

Best,

Anasei.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(766 Views)