NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Default Tab For A Step

Solved!
Go to solution

We have a system that has been installed at a couple of affiliate sites in Japan and Romania (we've been developing in Australia).  It runs on TestStand 4.2 with supporting code written in LabVIEW 8.6 (although the Romanian site uses TS4.2.1 and LV2010).  We have numerous custom steps in a types palette file.

One of the sites has complained that when they add some specific steps (custom Numeric Limit Tests, in particular) to a sequence, the tab shown in the Step Settings pane is the "Limits" tab.  It would be more convenient and more useful to show the Edit tab (the one that shows the buttons for the Edit sub-steps).

I realise it's just a matter of clicking on the relevant tab.  I also realise that once a file is saved, the last-selected tab is shown for each step when it's re-opened.  However, the customer is always right, so I need to see if it can be "fixed".

Is there a way of setting the default tab for a custom Numeric Limit Test step to something other than the "Limits" tab?

Help files, Google and the NI pages don't seem to be forthcoming on this issue.

Thanks,

Geoff

--
Geoff Field, BE, CLAD, MIEAust
Professional geek, amateur stage-levelling gauge
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,837 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GeoffF

Hi,

There isn't a way to change which tab opens for a custom step type. Sorry for the convenience this may cause.

Rohama K.
Message 2 of 3
(2,821 Views)

Thanks Rohama,

I will mark the issue as "not fixable" and be done with it.

Regards,

Geoff

--
Geoff Field, BE, CLAD, MIEAust
Professional geek, amateur stage-levelling gauge
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,818 Views)