From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SequenceFi​lePostResu​ltListEntr​y Issues

Hi all,

1.  the SequenceFilePostResultListEntry  callback    gets called after every step. Even tough there  r no additional results selected for the steps.

2.  the  results, step name etc  how do I read it  in the callback  (i save the  results in TDM format which I call in callback)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,049 Views)

Unless you deactive result recording for the step, each step creates data for the ResultList. Hence every step in the sequence file will "trigger" that callback after its execution.

What exactly is the question to point 2?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,040 Views)

thanks Norbert,

1.  well I was wrong abt the Postresultlistentry .  I thought only step with  additional results trigger this  callback.

any other way thr'which only additional results can trigger  the  callback.

2. I want to read the results of the calling step  in this callback  so I can save them in TDM format.  what  are the most preferred mehod to do so.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,038 Views)

1.) No, there is no way to limit the callback to react on "Additional Results". But as you get the reference to the step which "triggered" the callback, you can check if Additional Results are present. If there are none, skip the rest of the callback.

2.) There are three ways to solve this in a good manner:

2.a) Log the data directly in the code module. This is somehow against modularity (as acquisition and logging are part of the same code module), but the advantage is that you don't need to pass the whole data to TS. This can improve runtime performance. Please note that i assume that only certain specific parameters of that raw data (e.g. frequency, maximum amplitude) are important for evaluating the UUT.

2.b) Log the data by a second code module. This implements recommendations on modularity, but data has to be passed to TS for this by the acquisition module (unless you do some "hack" to transfer it internal between code modules like using an FGV). The logging module can be part of the SequenceFilePostStepResultEntry callback or, even better, a (post step) substep module in a custom step type.

2.c) Leave the data in the ResultList (that means: make sure that it gets into that list by e.g. Additional Result) and use custom report generation to write the data into a file as part of the reporting mechanism.

Depending on the requirements, you should use one of these three options. As we don't know your requirements, there is not much of a recommendation we can give you.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,036 Views)

thanks Norbert,

I wanted some suggestions about how   from the Result list  I  read the data in Postresultlistentry Callback.

there I have a vi that writes the data to .tdm

TS.Resultlist  or similar constructs  which  are efficient &  wiely used for this purpose .  Somehow I am having issues sorting this issue. Smiley Wink

also   any egs related with the same!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,030 Views)