From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence in Labview Run time error

Hello,

When i want to execute my sequnce with run-time LABVIEW, i have sequence error indicate VIs broken. This error appears only when i launch the sequence with an labview executable. If i use, testexec.exe or TESTSTAND this error doesn't appear.

I used LABVIEW 2009, TESTSTAND 4.2.1 and try with LABVIEW2012 et TESTSTAND2012. Same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,767 Views)

Hi EricGau,

Did you try building a deployment package through the TestStand deployment utility?

deployment

You can get detailed process for creating a deployment image in the TestStand reference Manual.

You should ensure all the VIs you used and their dependencies are compiled in an identical and correct version. (either by using the Mass compile tool of labVIEW: tool>>advanced>>Mass Compile) or creating an .llb which automatically mass compile everything.

Normally creating an llb resolve the issue you are experiencing.

I presume the broken VIs are VIs you used as code module and not VIs implemented and used in the UI source code?

There are a few reasons that a LabVIEW vi could fail to run using the Run-Time engine:

1. Your LabVIEW vi contains subvi's that were not saved in the same version of LabVIEW, prior to TestStand 2010 all your LabVIEW vi's needed to be saved in the same version of LabVIEW so they all used the same RTE. Try mass compiling your LabVIEW VI's to verify they are all saved to same version.
  2. Your LabVIEW VI may contain code that needs to be compiled in order to run using just LabVIEW's Run-Time engine. You can build the VI into a Source Distribution, this will compile the VI allow it to run with just the LabVIEW RTE.

Best regards,

Romain DUVAL || RF & Semiconductor Staff System Engineer || CLA || CTA
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,727 Views)