cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence End group executes slowly

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm facing a problem with TestStand 4.0. At first the execution of the sequences was pretty fast, now it's slow, but the interesting part is that the program halts for a short period at the End Group, which slows down the process. There are no parralel sequences in the program, just sequencial. I've read the forum, took everything unusfull out from search directory, but this didn't help. The program is a MainTestSequence.seq and everything else was made with Insert Sequence(about 30), not with separeate .seq files. Could it be that the code is big? Has anyone else faced this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,295 Views)

I doubt it has anything to do with your code being to big.

However, you should watch your memory as it is running.   What is it doing?

Regards

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,282 Views)

Thanks for the fast reply.

The memory is ok, it's around 180M(total used 680M from 2G), but the CPU is almost constantly at 50%. Still this shouldn't be an issue I think.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,266 Views)

50% seems very high.  I usually only see it around 12-13% tops.  I would try running the TestStand profiler and see which steps/executions are working hard:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052N-01/tsref/infotopics/resource_usage_profiler/

It might point you to the culprit.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,256 Views)

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunatelly we are using T.S 4.0 which doesn't have this feature yet, or maybe it can be installed somehow?

I was wondering how come the end group executes so slowly? Every step is executed fast, I can see this with the trace, but when it get's to End group it halts for 500ms-1s. Every Load setting is in deafult and for the fastest performance (Preload when execution begins, Unload when sequence file is unloaded).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,215 Views)

Do you have things running in parallel in your code modules? If you reboot the system, does it start "fast" again or is it "slow" right away?

Are you using references to external devices which might change (e.g. IP address of network device)?

What are your reporting options? Does the slow-down occur with  no report also?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,206 Views)

Everything is used sequencialy. The model is sequencial. After restart is the same.

There is serial communication UART/USB and GPIB for relay switch, voltage, resistance measurement ICT. There is no networking used at all.

I've set the reporting to only report Failed parts, first it was set to log everything, but nothing changed.

I've done C partition defragrementation, but it's the same... Is there a log file which gets icreased by every test?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,203 Views)

@Balazss wrote:

[...]After restart is the same.[...]

What does that mean? That it is slow right away?

I assume that you work with a custom sequence file. Can you check the performance with standard TestStand examples? (I recommend running the computer motherboard demo example)

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,189 Views)

Unfortunatelly it's slow right away... I will try with the demo example and come back with a response.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,169 Views)

Hello,

I've tried the demo examples. Needed to set the adapter to 7.1.1, but still the problem is the same. The steps execute fast and when it reaches the <End Group> it halts and CPU Usage increases to ~50%. Most probably it's a global setting that i'm missing?

Regards,

Balazs

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,985 Views)