From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence Analyzer Custom Rules

Hi, I'm a complete beginner but I did a search before asking and didn't find what I was looking for so...

I'm trying to get an idea of what kind of sequence analyzer custom rules are possible. For instance, it doesn't seem possible to make a rule to give a warning for local variables being improperly cased(IE LocalTemp variable that should be localTemp) or having a boolean variable begin with "is" or "has"(IE hasProperty or isAvailable).

I looked at the Edit Rule setup for a custom rule but it doesn't seem like that level of checking is feasible so if anyone with more experience in this could chime in that would be great!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,821 Views)

Hi SeanDuhigg,

For a start, the article below might be a good resource for you if you haven't done this before. I will say that this level of detail should be possible, but will require that you have a solid grasp of the TestStand API, which is a bit beyond the beginner level with this product.

Creating Custom Rules

Best,

Claire C.
AppSW Staff Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
CLD|CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,739 Views)