NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SeqEdit.z - Bug in TestStand?

Hello,

I am using TestStand 2010.

While working on one of the test sequence, suddenly "Sequence Editor" message popped-up. The screenshot of the message is attached with this post.

It says that "Error Occured while trying to refresh edit panel 'SeqEdit.z'. Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

If I hit OK on that message pop-up, I was not able to get rid of it...Neither could I close this message pop-up.

I couldn't find any way, but to close the TestStand application from task manager.

One thing to note is, when I re-opened the same sequence file in the new TS session, it worked fine.

Does anyone know, why this error might have occurred? Is closing the application, the only way to get rid of this error?

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,341 Views)

Niraj,

i encountered this error once. It occurred after my LV module adapter crashed completely (testing code from customers sometimes leads to unexpected behavior 😉 ).

After rebooting the system, the error did not show again.

So could you test this?

thanks,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,313 Views)

Hello Nobert,

As I had already mentioned in my post, when I re-opened the same sequence file in the new TestStand session, it worked fine.

So I am sure that rebooting the system should also work.

What I wanted to know is, why this error might have occurred? Is closing the application, the only way to get rid of this error?

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,310 Views)

The sequence editor displays this message when an error occurs during refreshing of the step settings pane. The message displays repeatedly because as soon as you dismiss the dialog box, the step settings pane attempts to refresh and the error occurs again. When this happens I think you have to end the sequence editor process with the task manager.

If you can find a way to reproduce this problem consistently, please send us the information so that we can fix it. It appears from your screenshot that you were editing a sequence call step. To reproduce the problem you might try repeating the tasks you were performing at the time the error occurred.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,296 Views)

Hello,

This issue is consistently occuring. Below the snapshot of the seqence which I am running.

Seq.JPG

Please note that the sequence executes perfectly fine. No issues with that. But, if someone selects "Read Parameter" step and "Set Cell Value" susbsequence call step together, at that time I am getting this run time error, which I had mentioned in my first post of this thread.

The "Read Parameter" is a customised step which we are using to read the value back from ECM. I am attaching the sample sequence file with this post.

Since I just copied few steps from the original sequence, and pasted in the attached sample test sequence, the test is not executable. I havent created necessary locals as well.

You can simply open the sequence in TestStand, and once you select "Read" step with "Get" step, you should the run time error popping up.

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,267 Views)

Thank you for attaching the sequence file. The problem occurs when you select two steps that have different values for the TS.CanEditModulePrototype property. Your custom step type has a value of False and the other SequenceCall steps have a value of True. You can workaround the problem by editing your custom step type as follows:

1. On the Step Type Properties dialog box, select the Disable Properties tab.
  2. Uncheck the Edit Module Prototype checkbox.

This problem will be fixed in a future version of TestStand.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,237 Views)