NI TestStand

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SeqEdit Crash - Access violation (0xC0000005)

Go to solution

I have a very nasty problem: when I open TestStand and click on any step that uses LabVIEW adapter, TS crashes with this message:



It happens ONLY when I click on the step with LabVIEW Adapter. Everything else works fine.


... Help! 😞

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
Accepted by topic author PiDi

Ok, crash report indicated some problem with LabVIEW Run-Time Engine (missing ""tdtable.tdr" file to be exact). Reinstalling RTE helped. Interestingly, the missing file belonged to 2014 RTE, and it caused crash even when 2013 RTE (or LV 2013 Dev System) was set in LabVIEW Adapter options.


(Also: thanks to Daniel-E for helping with this issue 😉 )

Message 2 of 5

Hello PiDi,


I'm facing a similar problem but I cannot get any hint from the report dmp file.

Is there some procedure to get relevant information from this file?






0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5

Hi HélderVieira,


I took a look through the dump file you provided, but since it is not a full crash dump, I was not able to discern very much. Could you provide a little more background on what this application is doing? Is it running on a 32-bit or 64-bit machine? Is it using the Batch or Parallel model? Does it make any remote executions calls or is everything running on the local machine? Are you running the LabVIEW code modules in the LabVIEW Development Environment or in the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine? Does this application crash at the same point, or same step, every time? Are you seeing the same error as the original post? etc.


I'll send you a message with instructions on how to get a full crash dump and how to send it to me since it could potentially be quite large.

Jason H
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5

Hello Jason-H,


This application is running on a test system for displays. Main tests are vision related and some consuming a lot of memory.


The system uses a PXI controler 32bit windows 7 and TestStand 2013 is running in sequential model. For LabVIEW steps we use development environment.

All the sequences and code modules are located in a server but they run locally.


Each sequence execution will take about 100 seconds to complete, and the crash is not always present. It can be one hour without issues and then crash 3 times in the next 10 minutes. Also the crashing point is not always the same what makes it difficult to find the cause.

The error is the same as in the original post but with several different EIP.


After several attempt to resolve the issue I decided to start again from an old sequence version that I know doesn’t make the crash. Now I’m updating the sequence step by step and hopefully I will find the route cause.

I will also enable the full crash dump as you suggested.


Thanks for the help.





0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5