NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seperating the report file based on pass and fail of sequence

I have two queries related to report modification: For report generation i use .xml file 

1. I want to know that is there any possibility of placing of passed reports in one  folder and failed reports in another folder. .

2. I have made around 30 sequences. Now i want the reports generated from these sequences should be placed run time  in the folder based on the version of the sequence. The folder name contains the version number.

EX: if i have created a folders by name test123, test124,test125. Here versions are assumed to be 123,124,125. When ever run a sequence the report should check for the version number and should place the report in that corresponding version folder. The folder version name is a global variable.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,983 Views)

Hi, Do you produce your report on the fly ?

Best Regards

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,982 Views)
yes,its on thr fly report
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,961 Views)

Hi,

If you add the ReportActions sequence file callback into your sequence, this will give you the control over the report parameters. Then add statements with preconditions based upon the Result.status which will set the file report path dynamically.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,955 Views)
Thanks for the reply but i dont want to go to every sequence and modify it as there are around 30 sequences and if i make a new sequence i need to do this processevery time. What i was thinking is ther any option that i modify the report generation sequence which runs on the background.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,945 Views)