From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send an Email via teststand

I would like to send an Email with ActiveX Step Test in the sequence TS. Is it possible? what is it the method?
Thanks
David
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,311 Views)
Hi Dav, do you really need TS/ActiveX to do so? Since I'm using LV anyway, I used the VIs supplied. Regards Oli
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,306 Views)

Thanks you, but i don't have LV and VI. I want to use TS with ActiveX

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,303 Views)
There is no built-in method in TestStand to send an email.  However, you can use the ActiveX/COM Adapter to call a code module that sends an email.  You may be able to find an existing component to do this, or can write one in a supported language.

Allen P.
NI
Message 4 of 10
(4,279 Views)

Is there any way to send email from Teststand for File Global values ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,145 Views)

@PadmanabanJ wrote:

Is there any way to send email from Teststand for File Global values ?

I did not really understand your question....

You can format your File Globals into a strings. Assembling those strings in a large one, you can send this as an email

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,141 Views)

Hi,

I need to email a string from Teststand which is stored in FileGlobals.
How can I do it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,135 Views)

For sending an email from TestStand you need an external code module (see above)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,126 Views)

Thanks for reply.

I've another question:
My Teststand will launch a VI when it is executed. If Front panel of that VI was minimized or Closed, then Test stand must pause its execution. I like to have a Customize option [probably in Teststand toolbar] which should again relaunch VI execution from first. Is it possible in Teststand? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,122 Views)

Please search the forum first. I you can't find what you're looking for,open a new thread decsribing the use case and requirements more precisely, so you can be helped.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,117 Views)