From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SemiConductor Test Module Limitations of Limits

I've just started working with the SemiConductor Test Module.  Am I correctly interpreting the following:

- when passing back Boolean results, TestStand only has the ability to interpret TRUE as a passing result - limits cannot be set for Boolean results that would define FALSE as a passing result

- Numeric results must be double sided.  I understand that as a developer I could theoretically plug an impossible number into the unused limit to ensure it never fails on that side (e.g. 0 < x < 999999, where the voltage upper range is 10), but I'd have a hard time justifying that to people in some positions at the company who would not understand at first.

- String results cannot be directly evaluated within STM - none of the Evaluation Type seems to support Strings.  At best, I can use 'None'.

If I set an Evaluation Type to None, the Export Data To column shows the following error:  The expression cannot be empty.  TestStand is trying to force me to copy the data somewhere, even if there's otherwise no use for said data?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,752 Views)

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I'm running into the same issue. I want to pass a string using the TSM Multitest step type.

In my view this is a fairly large limitation in TestStand (not being able to pass a string).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,469 Views)