From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting 1 or more DB to log to at runtime

We have set up a schema in a Database and are happily logging along.

However, we would now like to log to one database every time, and another only when we run specific parts.  In this case they are both MSSSQL databases on the same server, but with different DB names.  I might want to target different servers.

How can we do that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,063 Views)

Have you tried to simply add one more result processing plugin instance and configure it with different names? Then you could use plugin callbacks to enable/disable plugins based on your UUT serial number or something like this.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,013 Views)

@bienieck wrote:

Have you tried to simply add one more result processing plugin instance and configure it with different names? Then you could use plugin callbacks to enable/disable plugins based on your UUT serial number or something like this.

We have both configured in the results processing, and it's updating both.  But I am not sure how I can turn one off with the plugin callback as you suggest.  I haven't really played with the DB callback before though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(996 Views)

You can try to use one of those: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052AA-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/pmpclientfilecallback...

Let me know if you will struggle with it. I will prepare a simple example next week.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(993 Views)