From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan From String

In one of my requirement in Teststand, I want a similar type of functionality as of Scan From String in LabVIEW. Actually, I want to separate numeric and string and store them in numeric and string variable respectively from the String

e.g In the string "02 - Number is Two", I want to separate 02 and Number is Two and store it into Locals.Number and Locals.String respectively.

Also, is it possible to use the functions(e.g Scan From String) of LabVIEW in Teststand without creating a new vi? I mean to say, with the help of LabVIEW Active X automation server or using dll of LabVIEW in Teststand, can we use the block diagram functions in teststand?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,079 Views)
I don't know of any way to call a LabVIEW function without creating a VI. You can simply call a VI with all of the inputs/outputs of the Scan From String wired to the connector pane. You might also want to consider creating a custom step from the VI. I've done this for many utility functions including this one. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the code since I did it for a company I no longer work for. Custom step creation is not that difficult and is a skill well worth mastering.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,054 Views)

try this for starter.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/8300

regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,038 Views)