NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save 'Find Results' to a file?

Solved!
Go to solution

When editing in CVI, I often find it useful to copy the contents of 'Find Results' into an edit window so I can edit/parse/filter/sort the information.  I would like to be able to do the same thing in the TestStand Sequence Editor.  Is a temporary file generated when TestStand Find Results are displayed?  If so, where?  If not, is there some way to send the results to a text file?  Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,823 Views)

Hello JoeN,

Unfortunately there are no temporary files generated when TestStand displays those results. Also, there are no API calls that can be made to capture this data. There is some built in sorting functionality in the Find Results window and it is nice to have each search result linked to the sequence, so for that reason this feature was probably not considered. If you want to can make a product suggestion here.

Jacob R. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,797 Views)

Jacob,

I went to the TestStand Idea page as you suggested.  When I click on the New Idea button, I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".  Might be due to our firewall.  Any suggestion?  (I tried closing & reopening IE.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,777 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JoeN

Hello JoeN,

I think the link I provided you was wrong.

Try this link.

Jacob R. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,767 Views)