Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you very much. I took my CTA yesterday and I passed 🙂

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 39
(1,897 Views)

Hi Jigg,

I'm taking the CTD exam tomorrow and wanted to let you know that in my opinion your practice quiz and the questions you compiled at the beggining of this thread are the best resources on TestStand out there. Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 39
(1,808 Views)

Thanks Petru!  check out www.teststandhelp.com to study for the CTA  🙂

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 33 of 39
(1,805 Views)

Will do. Hope I'm going to pass CTD tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 39
(1,803 Views)

I passed the CTD with 95%! Thank you for the extremely useful sample exam and questions at the beggining of this thread!

Message 35 of 39
(1,788 Views)

That's great news.  Congratulations!

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 39
(1,782 Views)

Did you retake the exam? I am planning on taking it within the next three weeks. I took the practice exam 4 time and got around passing. Are the questions similar? Is there other material you can provide? I took TS1 and TS2 and worked with TS several times but I am nervous about failing. Any advice? 

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 39
(1,754 Views)

Warsame,

In my opinion the CTA is easier because it follows the book a lot closer (TS2 manual).

The CTD seems to mix topics a lot more.  For instance you might have one question in which you need to know Step Types, Adapters and Reporting.   So without an understanding of all 3 topics you would miss the question.  Or another question might include User Management, Front-End Callbacks and Station Options. 

Pay close attention to wording on the exam.  When it says Sequence it is referring to one of the 5 sequences (Execution Entry Point, Configuration Entry Point, Engine Callbacks, Model Callbacks or Normal) not a sequence file.  Usually when we talk TestStand we say "send me your sequence and I'll throw some tests in there."  We really mean send the Sequence File.  So understanding the actual, TestStand defined, names is important.  The reason this is helpful is because sometimes the answers will be a term that you are familiar with but is totally meaningless in the TestStand world.  A great example of this is Report.  In TestStand the report is what is generated from the result collection.  In the real world this can be referred to by many different names (i.e. DataSheet, Status Sheet, Test Data, etc...)  Some of the answers will throw in the non-TestStand terms just to throw you off.  If you know it is not a TestStand term then chances are you can eliminate that answer right away.

Anyhow, good luck and hope you do well.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 39
(1,752 Views)

Hi Warsame,

I only studied TS 1 in order to pass CTD. I would say that the exam is harder than the practice exam. To my knowledge there is no other preparation material other than the manual, practice exam and forum discussions.

I found that some of the questions in CTD are not directly covered in the TS 1 manual or in the exercise book. Rather, they are related to concepts covered in TS 1, but the exact behaviour the question asks for is not. You can only answer them by either having strong experience with TestStand or by making a very well educated guess.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Petru Tarabuta

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 39
(1,735 Views)