NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Popup to choose the step

Hello Members,

Is it possible to add a step selection popup in single pass entry point (or Client Main Sequence) to choose the specific step in Main sequence to execute and cleanup

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,102 Views)

You can implement something like this. I prefer to have this option not as a popup, but as feature included in a custom UI.

Take away: While being technically possible, you have to bring a bunch of TS knowledge to implement it.

Hints:

- You can use preconditions to "filter" steps

- Your dialog (UI) can set variables used in the "filters"

=> Filtered steps are simply skipped

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,072 Views)

Hello Nobert,

I m thinking of doing it in below method, let me know your suggestion.

Have separate files for each test case with the same test case name

Do below Modification in Single pass execution entry point 

For (Continue Single Pass)

PreMainSequence

have popup to choose the above created sequence file from a folder (Use Combo box and display all available files)

Load the sequence file (client file) dynamically to main sequence

Main Sequence

Execute the selected Test Sequence file

Post Main Sequence

Unload and release the previously loaded Sequence File

End Loop

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,069 Views)

What is the background of this request?

Please describe it as i think there are more decent solutions (however, yours can work if implemented properly)....

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,066 Views)

I would like to have an option to do the individual step execution and  I dont need any reporting and result processing in

this.

This option is needed for maintenance purpose to check each test cases individually.

I have lot of other logic implemented in main sequence ,so i though of not disturbing them. If i m creating each test cases as separate file i hope this can be reused in main sequences also.

Here the main intention is, there are some critical test to be passed (Like Open short circuit Test) for checking other testcases individually.

So these critical test to be executed and passed in Single pass process model before calling the main sequence of it.so If the critical test is passed only then i should be able to call the other testcases in main sequence.

Kindly suggest if you feel there are better alternative for this.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,064 Views)

I think what you eventually seek is very similar to Sequence File Translator. If you're up to the task, go for that solution.

If not, skipping steps is the easier solution, but requires the sequence to adapt to it....

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,058 Views)

Dear Norbert,

The requirement is,

I will have a common sequence file in my project, Based on the UUT variant ,the sequence file will change. and there are three execution entry points i have ,which are Test UUT, Test Repeatability and Single Pass(Manual).

If i choose the Test UUT, it will run the sequence once and wait for loading next UUT, Here i have all reporting options.

If i choose Test Repeatability it will test the same UUT for number of time i configured to repeat the test

Also I want an option for manual which is Single Pass.

In this case Test Case selection for execution should be manual, for example ,In the sequence file if i have 100 test cases (Subsequence call), First I need to get a popup to choose the test case which I  want to execute.

Could you please help me to find a solution for this./.?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,966 Views)