NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Sequence in new thread

Hi,

I'm running a 3 slot batch process model. I want to have a chamber monitor sequence
running in parallel with the tests that are occuring on the 3 slots.

I do a sequence call to the chamber monitor sequence (setup to execute in a new thread)
 and it doesn't seem to work correctly.

All three slot threads are entering this sequence  and begin to execute the steps within it.
I wanted this to be a seperate independent thread.

What is the correct way to setup and then launch a parallel sequence such as this ?

Thanks,
Bill
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,957 Views)

Hi bk1,

I believe the one option that you are forgetting to configure is the batch synchronization option for that sequence call step. Right-click on the step and select Properties. Then select the Synchronization tab and select One Thread Only (First Thread Executes Step, Remaining Thread Skip)This option specifies that only one thread in the batch executes a step.  When that thread executes the step, all remaining threads in the batch skip the step.  This option should get you up and running!

Hope this helps!

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,936 Views)
Jonathan,

I had tried this initially. I needed the 3 test socket threads to perform continuous UUT testing
exclusively, while a 4th thread monitored the chamber.  I just didn't quite understand how to
use the  'Execute in New thread' mechanism.

So, my solution was to use 4 test sockets with no synchronization  instead.

Regards,
Bill  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,914 Views)