cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Sequence Analyzer from the Command Line in TestStand 2010

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to be able to run and control the standalone Sequence Analyzer from the command line.  I can do this in TS 2014 (and it looks like I could patch versions as far back as TS 2012 to give them this capability), as described here : http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B927893F26BFB64A86257ECE006E442D

However, I am working with a large existing codebase in TS 2010 (with no plans to migrate to a more recent version in the foreseeable future).  Is there any way of getting the same command line functionality in the 2010 version of the analyzer? 

I realize I can open the Analyzer from the command line, but the commands I am interested in are: /analyze, /report, /save, /clearMessagesOnSave, /minimize, /help, /quit.

Thanks!

Dan
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,281 Views)

Dan,

After looking through all of the documentation I could find it does not apear that the functionality you are looking for existed in TestStand 2010 on release.

These command line options seem to appear first in documentaion for TestStand 2014 SP1 and have been a standard feature since then.  

With the case of the path you found for TestStand 2012 SP1, this appears to be an isolated occurance, and this code was only released recently.

Ryan

Applications Engineer 

Ryan
Group Manager
FlexLogger
NI R&D
Message 2 of 4
(4,225 Views)

In TS 2010 the TestStand 2010 SP1\Bin folder you can run the AnalyzerApp.exe.  You can pass it an Analyzer Project file.  I'm not sure if it autoruns or not when it opens but you can run it from the command line.  That appears to be the only command line argument.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 3 of 4
(4,221 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DanB1983

Thanks Ryan, Jigg,

Yes, I can run the Analyzer (and open a project), but crucially I can't run anything.

I have achieved what I need to do by writing a TestStand sequence that calls the Sequence Analyzer through its API (attached).  I can then run TestStand (and call this sequence) from the command line.

Dan
CLD
Message 4 of 4
(4,216 Views)