From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RunState.Execution.GetStates(Locals.ExeRunState, Locals.ExeTermState) Syntax error in the TestStand2.0.1

Hello:

I want to read the current program state with the API function. I use the RunState.Execution.GetStates function to execute with TestStand2010, the error is not appear, but in the TestStand2.0.1, the error "The post-expression for the step 'Get Termination State' could not be evaluated.Unknown function or sequence name '.'."  is be occurred, I use the check syntax button to verify whether existence syntax error, the prompt window display “NO Errors”.

Do you know the difference between the two version TestStand about RunState.Execution.GetStates function?

Do you have the TestStand Programmer Help about TestStand2.0.1? In the TestStandUserManual, the prompt is "Execution object in which the sequence invocation runs.
Refer to the TestStand Programmer Help for more
information on the methods and properties of Execution
objects.", but I don't find it in the NI web.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,137 Views)

Hi buddy, did you get any way out as of now? For me, the loop seems to cause the issue but not sure thou.

Regards,

Seder Smith

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,101 Views)

I don't use the loop function. just use the Statement step and write the "RunState.Execution.GetStates(Locals.ExeRunState, Locals.ExeTermState)" to the Expression.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,092 Views)