NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RunState.Caller.Sequence.AsPropertyObject does not return the comment

RunState.Caller.Sequence.AsPropertyObject.Comment    gives a null string

but  RunState.Caller.Sequence.AsPropertyObject.Name  does give the right name of the sequence

any idea what teststand  is doing here

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,730 Views)

What is that sequence? Are you sure that this sequence has a comment at all???

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,728 Views)

Hi Norbert  thnks for the fast reply,

MainSeq -> Seq(a)[called as a Sequence call][has comment] -> Seq(a) has steps, ->  stepd on error goes to callback(SequenceFilePostStepFailure)  here I want to display the comment  for the Sequence call.

u r right the Seq I have not commented   (in seq Properties) thts why its returning me Null ,,,    I will do tht

th e ?  is how do I go down the call stack to get the  comment for the  seqcall, bcos  in many instances I have  many nested  calls.

so I cant set a constant counter either !!

hope I am making myself clear

regards

akshay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,722 Views)

Akshay,

please type all words as written, no abbrevation. Your 'u's and 'r's make the post quite hard to read....

I checked on my machine and it works you expect it work. The lookup "RunState.Caller.Sequence.AsPropertyObject.Comment" reads the comment, if one is present. If there is no comment in the sequence which contains the error-generating step, the result is of course an empty string.

Please note that with your lookup string, you are referring to the sequence which is called by your sequence call step (so SeqA in your case), not to the calling step itself! So adding a comment in the "Call Sequence" step in your MainSequence will not populate the RunState.Caller.Sequence.AsPropertyObject.Comment in your ErrorOccurred-callback!

EDIT: So you read out the comment of SeqA, not the comment of the step calling SeqA.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,711 Views)

hi

Yae   now I am reading directly the  Comment of the Sequence .

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,702 Views)

Hello,
I develop an application operator of testsrand in c#, and I etulise the order dowry Net, I want to get  the current sequence execution in a listview in c#
I do not arrive introduced the code
RunStat.CallStack in my code
here my code

private void btnStart_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

affichageDeroulementTest.Clear();

// Execution de Programmme

myExecution = myEngine.NewExecution(mySqFile,

"Test UUTs", mySqFile.GetModelSequenceFile(out sDummyString), false, 0, null, null, null);

}

Please

it is somebody can help me has recovers the sequence in the course of execution

thank you;

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,863 Views)