NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run-time Error -17100 in Main Sequence

Good day,

We have two test jig PC's running TestStand, and they started giving a run-time error on the same day.

Here is the information of the run-time error pop-up window:

* Details:

Sequence: MainSequence
The file format is incorrect near the section 'Locals'. Make sure that you are using start and end markers correctly.

* Error Code:

-17100; Incorrect file format.

Step 'xxx' of sequence 'MainSequence' in 'yyy.seq'

Could you please assist us?  This is crucial for the production of our devices.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,209 Views)

This feels like a property loader step.  Is step xxx from your example a property loader step?

Does the error happen during execution or when you are opening the sequence file?

Do the PCs share the same sequence file from a shared drive?  What else do they share?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,179 Views)

I am not sure about the property loader step - will get back to you.

Apparently, this error happens when the sequence file is opened.

No, the PCs do not share the sequence file from a shared drive, but they do check it out from a shared repository.  However, the repository was last changed a few years ago.

Thanks for your advice.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,133 Views)

The location of the error states:

"Step 'Load station globals' of sequence 'MainSequence' in 'BedOfNails.seq'.

It is in the beginning of execution.

P.S. Sorry for the delay, we had other technical issues that prevented us from getting back to this point...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,053 Views)

This is definitely a property loader step.  It looks like someone is reading from a file and setting the station globals.  My guess is that the file has become corrupt somehow (most likely because someone edited the file in a text editor and didn't know what they were doing).  You may need to regenerate the file using the export tool.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,023 Views)

I'm sure this has been solved already...

But I found that when I'm opening my property loader files (CSV files) in excel that excel is corrupting them and I'm getting this exact same error.  I think Excel is adding extra commas to the CSV file when it opens, and it is autosaving (at least for me) as soon as it opens.

When I create a property loader file by using export, I can import it and run it just fine.  If I open that same file up with Notepad, save it, and close it I can still import and run it.  When I only open it in excel, then close it w/out making any changes I get the error.  If I open up the file in notepad after opening/closing it with Excel, I notice a couple more commas at the end of lines and between lines that weren't there initially.  I've tried using the Save As in excel and saving as every type of CSV format available (UTF-8, MS-DOS, Macintosh, CSV) and none seems to keep the file in the proper format.  

I don't have a fix, other than don't use Excel.  The version of Excel I'm using is the 2022 version of Office365 (I'm not using the web interface).  Build14931.20274

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,143 Views)