NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run subsequence in this context

I am modifying some legacy code wherein all the subVIs just below the main sequence make extensive use of local variables, which was fine. The locals in each subVI are fairly unique. Now many of these subVI locals must change dynamically which I want to accomplish with a Property Loader step. I would like to put the Property Loader and associated steps in a subVI but then it wouldn't be accessing the locals in the calling context. Is there a way to have a subVI run in the current context? Or perhaps there is a mo better way to do this. 

I looked at propagation but that seems to be only for individual variables or containers, etc.

Thanks,

jvh 

Message Edited by jvh75021 on 04-15-2010 09:36 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,739 Views)

Hi,

Thought the PropertyLoader step in the latest TestStand version has the ability to load a complete sequencefile, but I maybe wrong therefore putting one step at your top level would load all your data.

I wouldn't have thought putting in to your code module was a good idea as you would have to generate the code that is in the property loader step type.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,735 Views)

Don't want to reload sequence files. Some variables change based on the frequency.

Sorry but I do not understand your second paragraph. But based on what I think it means I was not going to duplicate any Property Loader code. I would feed the subsequence a model number and it would determine the file name then call the Property Loader.

So my question still remains. Can a subsequence be run in this context instead of a sub context? Maybe seems weird but it is a concept used in scripting languages like Python and Tcl. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,732 Views)