NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run code AFTER report PDF is generated

WE are using the PDF generation option to with our reports.

I need to copy this report to a second location once it's generated.  However, this is asynchronous and right now I have code running in PostUUUT that loops looking for the report.  It has a 60s timeout... but even that has failed a handful of times.

I have dug into the model and even put a flag/breakpoint/popup in the PDF generator sequence, but it doesn't seem to get called.

Any ideas how to do this?  It appears the call to the PDF generation tool is asynchronous from TS, but I would be willing to change that.  However I tried, and inserted my code, and it doesn't run.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(588 Views)

Hi David,

Tried a simple sequence with around 200 statement steps and PDF is generated very fast.How big is your report size ( HTML) which you are converting ?

The PDF generation is done by the exe - the last step in the selected sequence :

RaviShrigiri_0-1657471814429.png

If you feel this PDF converter is time consuming then you can try something like :

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000015CO4SAM&l=en-IN

Check how much time this VI takes to convert to PDF. If its faster than you can use this instead of the default step in the above picture.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(542 Views)

Thanks.  I actually assumed it was the PDF that was taking a long time, but it's the report.

However, placing code in my TestReport Callback appears to do nothing.  And if I place a breakpoint in there, it doesn't stop.  So I don't think my TestReport callback is working.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(523 Views)