NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules to develop big sequence

Hi,

I developed a sequence TestStand (2014) which contain many tests and the aim is to realise all the tests in one time.

My sequence is composed on a main sequence which contain sequences (that represent my tests).

All sequences realize some actions and verifications based on custom step types as sequence call type.

But this sequence become so big (more than 30Mo) and my work isn’t finished.

What are the good rules to be followed to develop a big sequence?

What are the mistakes to be avoided?

By advance, thanks for the answers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,203 Views)

I'm currently developing a test system to test 80 different UUTs....  There's a process model and top-level framework sequence, UUT sequences and generic test routine sequences.

In short, there's lots of sequence files and sequences, but they only total up to approx. 2Mb, so I couldn't figure out how you could have 30Mb worth of sequences.

Then I saved a single sequence file as XML and that alone was 24Mb.  So if file size is an issue, try switching to the binary file format.

Otherwise if it's a sequence complexity problem, I'll try and help with that.

Regards,

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,190 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I put my sequence in binary file format and it's better for the storage.

The risk with a sequence file containing many tests is that testStand request  many ressources of memories of the PC and that create some problems (slow execution, impact in the others programs).

How do you avoid this kind of problems?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,127 Views)