From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round table sequence model

Hello All,

I am going to ask your advice.

I have a test station controlled by 2 PCs. The task of this station is to make some electrical tests on electronic sensors. The machine has a round table. There are a load position, a barcode reading position, measuring position 1, measuring position 2, print pos. and unload position. The table rotates when all of the positions finished the current operation. The supervisor PC controls the barcode reading, printing, communication with traceability system. The tester PC controls the test measurement positions. 

When the supervisor and the tester PC also send a signal to the test station, the station rotates the table and send a signal about the rotation. Beside this there are some signals from the station which have to be watched. (Emergency stop, station error) 

I am going to modify the system. 

I am going to make an application based on TestStand which can control this cell and make the measurements only with one PC and one application, since it can improve the stability and robostness of system. 

I plan 3 layers.

- User interface where the user can see the state of units, barcodes, actual state of robot and so on.

- TestStand layer: A sequence and a model file which manages the UUTs

- Measurement layer: A CVI dll which makes the measuremens and pass the measured values to the testStand layer.

I think the base of the used sequence model file will the Parallel Model, since max. 6 units are present on the table. 

My questions are around the communication between the test station and the PC. 

How can i listen to the station signals continously and respond to the signal changing?

Which is the simplest way to start a Testsocket execution after every rotation?

If You have some ideas please do not hesitate to write them.

Best regards:

Laszlo Gosztola  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,699 Views)

Dear Gosztola László,

I would like to discuss some details with you but your phone numbers in our database are not online.

I wonder if you could contact me by:

marton.litkei@ni.com

or

+36-23-448-922 (my direct number)

Regards,

Litkei Márton

NI Hungary

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,589 Views)