From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning only final string of SubSequence

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I have developed a Subsequence for my Main sequence, but struggle with the layout of the report. As you can see on the attached picture, I have concatenated the strings into one whole defined with "Bluetooth Address", but would now like to remove the steps "GetBTAddr 0,1,2,3" on the report.

I tried for the subsequence -> Disable result recording for All steps -> and then going into the subseq for the function concatenating the strings, under Run Options, to change the "Result Recording Option" to "Enabled (override sequence setting)"

I get errors on report then. Please help me out. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,367 Views)

You could change your GetBTAddr, GetBTAddr1, GetBTAddr2, GetBTAddr3 steps from String Value Test steps to Action steps?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,343 Views)

Hi

I tried this, but it didn't help me much. My function wont print the Bluetooth address then, and I still want to exclude "GetBTAddr0" etc from the report.. See attached png to see result of changing to Action steps

BR Andedam

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,337 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andedam

See attached.  The BTAddr steps are now Action and Result Recording is disabled.  The concatenation of the BTADddr strings in the new String Value Test step uses RunState.Sequence.Main[GetBTAddr1].CSP.SequenceParameters.Result.StringValue which I think is where the BTAddr steps place the addr read.

Message 4 of 6
(1,322 Views)

Thanks a lot! This sorted it out! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,316 Views)

Happy days!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,312 Views)