NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {B2794EF6-C0B6-11D0-939C-0020AF68E893} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

i am trying to interact from c# wpf with the TestStand engine.

when i run the line:

m_Engine = new Engine();// lets get an new Engine Object

i get this error:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {B2794EF6-C0B6-11D0-939C-0020AF68E893} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

i have TestStand 2019 32bit on Windows7 64bit.

in the registry i found this guid as related to  TestStand2019\bin\teapi.dll
i tried to register teapi.dll with regsvr32 and it gives a "registration succeeded" message - but even after that, i get the same "class not registered" error

i tried to register TestStand 2019\API\DotNET\Assemblies\CurrentVersion\NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.API.dll but getting a message that it does not contain dllregister (meaning that its not a com object).
i did succeed registering it with regasm (that registers c#  and interop dlls) but even after that, i still get the "class not registered" exception

so am i trying to register the wrong thing?

please advise

Thanks in advance

Lior Meister 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(191 Views)

Is your application's platform set to 32-bit (x86) ? If you don't install 64-bit TestStand, then you probably need to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(165 Views)

Thank you for ypur answer.

Yes. My c# (.net) application is set to x86 (32 bit).

Should i install TestStand in its 64bit vesion?

Regards

Lior Meister

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(153 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lior.meister

You could try that, but it seems like a long shot since your app didn't work as 32-bit.

Do the example C# user interfaces from your 32-bit install launch ok? If not, you should reinstall TestStand. If so, then there is something different about your app.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(148 Views)

hi,

i fixed both the solution and projects to be x86 and now it works fine!

thank you very much

Lior Meister

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(114 Views)