From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Recording Option for Step inside Disabled Subsequence

Hi,

is there any way to record the result of  step inside the sub sequence, when the sub sequence result recording options is disabled.

Because I have a group of test to be performed inside a sub sequence and I dont want the sub sequence information in my test report.

Can we add some expression in Result filtering?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,566 Views)

Click the step you want to turn recording on for

Click the properties tab in your step settings pane

Click the Run Options in the list box

For Result Recording Option choose Enabled (override sequence settings)

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 7
(2,541 Views)

Hi,

I tried the same, But its not updating in Report,using ASCII Test Format Report

I m following the below step, please let me if required any corrections

1. I called the sub sequence in main sequence and disabled the report recording option in that

2. Set the result recording option "Enabled (override sequence settings)" for pass fail test inside that sub sequence.

Attaching the sequence file below.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,520 Views)

I've fixed it.  You have to enable recording for the sequence call but disable recording on the sequence itself.  Then override that on a per step basis.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,503 Views)

Hi,

Now Sequence call in the main sequence also displaying in report

123.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,500 Views)

The way that result collection works in TestStand is that each sequence contains a Locals.ResultList.  Each time a step executes it places a "container" inside of that result list.  The result list is then passed back to the caller until eventually MainSequence passes it's result list to the process model to be parsed.  The process model then hands that result list off to the model plugins for parsing and report generation.  So each model plugin will recurse through the result list tree and pull out any step/result that it thinks should be on the report (which by default is all of them).  The problem is that you cannot have subsequence results and not have the parent container (in this case the sequence call) unless you are able to flatten it out and remove the parent container before injecting it into the caller's result list. 

I'm attaching one way of maybe fixing your issue.  Give it some thought.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,497 Views)

Hi,

Thank you Very much for the support!

I understood your sequence. In my case I have CAN response ,which is having multiple parameters to be compared . I want to make these Parameter comparison inside a single  sub sequence to avoid the error ,if the user rearrange the step in the main sequence.

I think i found one method to filter it from the Report. I m using NI_SimpeTextRerpot_LabVIEW. So that i can modify the VI inside that and filter the report by checking the TS.steptype in "ProcessOneResult.vi" as shown below.

123.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,485 Views)