NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore ActiveX connection for the LabVIEW Adapter in TestStand

I am trying to restore the LabVIEW and TestStand ActiveX connection if LabVIEW crashes.  I have an 'error catching' section in my TS sequence that will restart my VeriStand simulation if VS crashes and do any clean up before returning the the beginning of my TS sequence.  I have been able to handle any VS crashes and restart my hardware and software to get back to my starting point, however, as soon as LabVIEW crashes I can't recover.  I have the 'error catching' method due to my runs taking several hours.

LabVIEW will reopen and restart when trying to call a LabVIEW action after the crash.  The problem from here is that the ActiveX communication between TestStand and LabVIEW will not allow me to pass data between the two.

I am currently using the LabVIEW 32-bit 2018 (18.0) Development System (not the Run-Time Engine) and reserving loaded VIs for execution in adapter settings.  I have tried a combination of different settings as well.

Does anybody know how to restore the ActiveX connection between LabVIEW and TestStand if LabVIEW crashes? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,625 Views)

Hello, did you succeed restoring the ActiveX Connection ? I'm doing the same thing as you and can't find a way.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,117 Views)

Unfortunately we have not figured out how to restore the ActiveX connection after a LabVIEW crash.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,114 Views)