NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resizing array of custom type

I first create a custom type that is a container of 3 strings.

I then create a  custom type that is an array of that custom type and give it size 1 (lower and upper bound = 0).

If I then re-size that array, why does TestStand not make every additional element of that array match the original container of 3 strings?

The same behavior happens both in a .seq file and in the types file itself.  I could sort of see in a .seq file if I drop down this custom type that is initially size 1 and try to change the array bounds that it wouldn't automatically make the additional elements match but I wouldn't expect this behavior in the types file.  This seems to be a bug to me.  TestStand 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,971 Views)

I'm not seeing the point of the custom type that is just an array of a custom type (container).  I would first remove that level of complexity.

You are seeing the same behavior in both the sequence and type editor?  That sounds desirable to me (not a bug).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,957 Views)

Are you getting an instance of the type in the additional elements but with the wrong value? Or just empty containers? If the former, then you probably just need to recreate the array type. The array element prototype of an array is created when the array is created, so it will reflect what an instance of the element type would have had at that time. If you later change the element type, that, just like for instances, the array element prototypes values do not change unless you also check the checkbox to "update all instances" when modifying the element type (or recreate the array type).

If this is not the cause of your problem then please post more details about what exactly you are seeing and/or an example sequence file illustrating the problem.

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,809 Views)