From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements Gateway reports "Can't create a 'TestStand Engine'. Application may not be installed.

Solved!
Go to solution

And yes, it is 🙂

• NI Requirements Gateway 2014 (x86)
  • TestStand 2016 (x86)

Is there a configuration file somewhere I can edit so RG will "see" TestStand?

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,048 Views)

Crelf,

This is Ali from National Instrument's applications engineering and will be helping with this forum.

I would be curious what your order installation with the Requirements Gateway and TestStand installation.

Additionally, would you be able to force reinstall the two items in the opposite installation order and see if the error reappears?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Notes for Branch AE:
Please reply to This Post within 24 hours
The US AE is expected to reply to all of your posts within 24 hours. Having this expectation will keep the escalation moving quickly and toward a fast resolution.

You can also use other communication channels: Phone, Skype, etc. to discuss the issue with the US AE. This can help with troubleshooting and quick diagnosis of the issue.

Click here to provide kudos for a post on this page
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,969 Views)

Hi Ali - is installation order important, or are you just guessing?  Does NIRG 2014 usually play nice with TestStand 2016 x86?  Or am I the first person reporting what might be an issue?

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,961 Views)

HI Christopher,

Currently I have not worked with RG 2014 and TS 2016.

But under TS2014 I did some tests with RG2014 and it was working.

(Neverless in my opinion report generation took twice of time compared to RG2012.

So I have switched back to RG2012)

Currently I am working with TS2016(x86) and RG2012 without any Problems

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
Message 4 of 6
(2,952 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author crelf

I've used NIRG 2014 with TestStand 2016 with no problems. What are you doing when you get this error? I'd expect this if you double clicked on a TS requirement, but there is no active version to open.

I don't think installation order is critical, but it's important that you restart your PC after installing TestStand. The installation isn't finished until you restart and TS version selector runs - if you aren't sure that this happened, you should run version selector & make sure you can launch the active version.

Trent

Automated Test Software PSE

National Instruments

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,945 Views)

@WireWeaver wrote:

you should run version selector & make sure you can launch the active version.

Yep! That fixed it! I only have one version installed, had restarted multiple times, used TestStand multiple times, but marking it as the active version using the version selector gave NIRG what it needed.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,940 Views)