cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements Gateway TS-Intermidiate File

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to know if there is change to modify the Intermidiate File Genenerator for TestStand?

or is there a way to implement user defined generators?

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,476 Views)

Hi Juergen,

We currently do not expose a method for creating your own convert tool (generator).  However, this is something we would like to add in the future.  Is there a specific limitation of the existing TestStand convert tool you are struggling with?

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,466 Views)

Hi Al,

often i am focused with this question:" Are there same limits in specification and testprogramm ?"

With NIRG i will see change to answer this question.

I just want to reduce it to  NumericLimitTest and our own Testsytem's StepType http://sine.ni.com/cs/app/doc/p/id/cs-11443.

To realize this it is necessary to have limit information in the intermidiate file.

At the moment it is impossible to give answer, because information were not provieded by the generator

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,460 Views)

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for clarifying. I will create a feature request to include limits in the intermediate file for sequences.  In the meantime, a couple possible alternatives are:

• Instead of hard coding your limits in TestStand, create an excel or text document which contains the limits, and use the property loader or other means to populate your test sequences with these properties.  This way, Requirements Gateway will have access to the limits from your limits file.
  • Limit information is in the test report intermediate file, so use this as proof that the limits are accurate
Al B.
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,449 Views)

Hi Al,

I have decided to try it with the report.

But combining ID and Limit in the XML Report will fail.

I opended a new thread to discuss: 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Requirements-Gateway-Identifier-Format/td-p/2338498

btw i have looked on the NI-RG code. It seems most stuff is done in ot-scripts.

I suppose TeststandSequenceFile generator is done in ot, too. But this script is complied.

i have no change to look inside. Is there a reason why the compiled one is shipped while the

Microsoft one's like Word,Excel and Access are non complied ?

Regards

Juergen  

--Signature--
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,362 Views)

The word, Excel, and Access converters call microsoft APIs which are public, which is why the source code is provided.  The NI converters use internal APIs that we unfortunately cannot make available externally.

Al B.
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,303 Views)

Hi Al,

if private API functions were used it is clear that it is not avialable. But if i take a look at TS's intermidiate file i am quite sure that a user with basic knowlege about Teststand API or advanced training skill is able to create such file with the public API.

It would be nice to see in future releases a possibility to place OT-Scripts for public teststand API.

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,298 Views)

I will note this feedback to the development team

Al B.
CTA/CLD
Message 8 of 10
(4,281 Views)

Thank you!

--Signature--
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,264 Views)
Solution
Accepted by j_dodek

Hi Al,

last few days i have spent some time on creating my own intermidiate file generator.
The biggest challange was implementing the generator without any documentation into NI-RG.
Now I am proud to say that is possible just by using ot-scripting combined with com-interop.

With this generator i am able to compare all testspecifications limits  with the programmed ones in the
the TestStand sequencefile and make a statement that they are covered and equal, too.

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,032 Views)