NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReportOptions in TestStand 2016

I am trying to migrate a TestStand sequence file from version 4.2.1 to 2016 (32-bit). We had customized the sequential process model a number of years ago and are now trying to get that cleaned up so that we can run our Test Program Set (TPS) with a TestStand 2016-compliant sequence file. I have a number of questions but will ask a couple to get things rolling.

While doing some digging related to Report Options, I came across an NI snippet that said that …

In TS2016, the result processing options move from the TestStandModelReportOptions.ini and TestStandDatabaseOptions.ini files into a single ResultProcessing.cfg file, located in the <TestStand Application Data>\Cfg\ModelPlugins directory

Since we are having reporting issues (i.e. there is NO HTML report seen), I made some updates (within the Configure::Report Options … menu. I closed/opened TS and the settings were indeed saved, but when I went to the ResultProcessing.cfg file, located in the <TestStand Application Data>\Cfg\ModelPlugins directory, the timestamp had not changed. Instead, the TestStandModelReportOptions.ini had changed. That didn’t make sense to me.

Secondly, when we run our test sequence, the step entitled, “New UUT for On-The-Fly Report Generation” (and the step before it “New UUT for Database Logging”) is skipped. A breakpoint reveals that the precondition is looking for Locals.OTFRGRef to be something other than Nothing. However, it is Nothing and therefore blow past these statements. Any idea how to set this variable? I assume this step is important to getting results to appear?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,290 Views)

Hi mrbean,

Even i am also facing the similar issue on migrating the existing AT software from Teststand 4.2.1 to TEstStand 2020.I also noticed that the Locals.OTFRGRef=Nothing which should be otherwise.

 

Did you solve your issue?

 

Regards,

SrikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna


0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(404 Views)

@mrbean wrote:

I made some updates (within the Configure::Report Options … menu. I closed/opened TS and the settings were indeed saved, but when I went to the ResultProcessing.cfg file, located in the <TestStand Application Data>\Cfg\ModelPlugins directory, the timestamp had not changed. Instead, the TestStandModelReportOptions.ini had changed. That didn’t make sense to me


It is the process model that provides report functionality and report configuration stuff. Your issue description points to the fact that you have taken your old  <TestStandPublic>\Components\Models and use it in TestStand 2016.  So, you have old SequentialModel.seq, ModelSupport.seq and old underlying dlls. This is the reason you see "Configure::Report Options" in your menu or have TestStandModelReportOptions.ini  created/updated in your Configs. 

 

Perhaps the most painless way to upgrade your test bench to TS16 is to take standard TS16 Model and transfer there your custom functionalities from existing TS4 Model otherwise this kind of pain (the ghosts of TS4) will chase you throughout the whole livetime of that teststation. 

 

 

Roman

 

 

 

It is the new model that 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(381 Views)