From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report problem

Hi,

I'm having some problems with the reports in the report viewer.

When running Test UUTs on a sequence the report for every run iteration should show up in the report viewer.

This will happen the first time the sequence is run, but the on the second run I get an error in the viewer saying "Unable to load the XML Report End tag was not expected at this location".

After the test is finished the complete report that I get in the viewer looks fine, and all results is there.

I have tried this running the built in Teststand demo Computer Motherboard sequence in the Simple Teststand Operator Interface and get this problem there as well. (pic attached)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,554 Views)

Hi

Couple of questions:

1. What version of TS are you using and can you attach your reportoptions.ini file. 

2. Have you made any changes to the proces model. 

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,552 Views)

Hi Jain,

I am using TS 2013, and I made no alterations to the sequential model that I'm using.

In the folder C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Cfg there don't seem to be a 

TestStandModelReportOptions.ini. 

Strange, should there be one?

I have done some changes to the report options from within TestStand (see pic)

ReportOptions.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,537 Views)

Hi

Please attach all files under - C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Cfg\ModelPlugins

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,535 Views)

Ok, here they are.

There is a file called Addons.cfg.sources but I had to rename it to get it to attach

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,527 Views)

Hey Johan,

I attempted to reproduce this on my machine with your files, but was unable to do so. Let me list the steps I took, and please point out any differences in the process:

1. Started LabVIEW simple user interface (<TestStand>\UserInterfaces\Simple\LabVIEW\TestExec.exe)

2. Opened computer motherboard example

3. Execute the sequence with the Test UUTs entry point. 

4. I ran the sequence for two UUTs.

Throughout this process, the report display at the bottom of the user interface window continued to display data and did not show any errors. Is this the same process you took to reproduce the issue? I'll be happy to investigate it further once I can see the behavior you are seeing.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,478 Views)