NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report options

When I select report all test results while in Administrator Mode I get all pass/fail results.  When I try it in any other mode ( a user for example ) it just shows which test were run w/o the pass/fail results even thought I selected it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,884 Views)

Clint,

I've never experienced an instance where the report changes based off of the user that is logged in, so I have a few questions for you. 

• Which version of TestStand are you running? 
  • Are you just setting your report settings using the Configure >> Report Options, or do you have a Report Options callback that is setting some of these settings at runtime? 
  • When you tried it as a non-administrator, were you referring to the TestStand user or the Windows user? 
  • Were both the administrator and the non-administrator executions ran with the same sequence file in the same environment (Sequence Editor vs. Operator Interface)? 
  • Would you be able to send a screen shot or the actual report files of both reports, so that I can see the differences? 

Again I apologize for the questions, but I need to get a better understanding of what is happening here so that I can help you out effictively.  I look forward to your reply and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.  Thanks and have a great one.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,868 Views)

Adam,

I'm getting this 3rd hand so bear with me.  For security reasons we had to put separate accounts on the machine running LV 5.0 and TS1.0.  That being admin and ( I think) user.  I am using a call back. and the report options tab.  If the user runs another UUT the report isn't printed out.  The report is only printed if the user doesn't run one UUT after another.  Its been running fine for 6 years and we haven't seen a problem until these different accounts were put on the machine.  If the use logs in as the admin he can change what the print out looks like ( pass/fail, just fail etc).  We he gets out and logs back in as the user, it still prints out just the failures.  One clue here is that printing out just the failures was what we had the options set to before security gave him the two different accounts.

• Which version of TestStand are you running?  ( 1.?  its been 6 yrs)
  • Are you just setting your report settings using the Configure >> Report Options, or do you have a Report Options callback that is setting some of these settings at runtime?  BOTH
  • When you tried it as a non-administrator, were you referring to the TestStand user or the Windows user?  WINDOWS USER
  • Were both the administrator and the non-administrator executions ran with the same sequence file in the same environment (Sequence Editor vs. Operator Interface)?  SEQ EDITOR for both
  • Would you be able to send a screen shot or the actual report files of both reports, so that I can see the differences?  For security reasons, NO.  Sorry !
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,840 Views)