From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report generation:sepecify by expression take long time from PreUUT to MainSquence

I set TestStand Report File direcory type as "SpecificByExpression",such as"\"d:\\\\TestStand Report\\<UUTStatus>\\\\<UUT>_[<FileTime>][<FileDate>]_<UUTStatus>.<FileExtension>\,"

When TestStand runs,after "PreUUT" ,it takes up to 3-4s to get to "MainSequence".

When I set direcoty type to "Specific Directory",it is OK.

So is there a way to improve this?Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,854 Views)

Not sure, but your expression looks wrong. It should be something more like the following:

"d:\\TestStand Report\\<UUTStatus>\\<UUT>_[<FileTime>][<FileDate>]_<UUTStatus>.<FileExtension>"

Perhaps this is somehow indirectly causing a problem?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,840 Views)

I am using parallel model,and the prompt that TestStand shows as below

11.bmp

My expression can work properly,before I also used your expressions and found it can not work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,836 Views)

@avater wrote:

I am using parallel model,and the prompt that TestStand shows as below

11.bmp

My expression can work properly,before I also used your expressions and found it can not work.

Oh you are setting the expression with an expression, then you do need another set of quotes and additional backslash escaping. Nevermind.

Have you tried debugging the sequence and/or process to see what code it is in that is taking so long to execute?

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,825 Views)