NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Path Name

Hi,

I have a main sequence file with 5 steps each of sequence call type. I use the multi threading option to generate individual reports for each of the sequences in the sequence call.

I configured the report options call back for the main sequence. I gave a different directory path for the report in Parameters.ReportOptions.Directory . The report corressponding to the main sequence is getting generated in the specified directory. But the reports of the sequence calls are getting generated in the directory specified in the reports option menu.

Is it possible to make the reports generate at the required directory by making changes in the main seqnece alone? How to modify the report path name stored in the report options dialog box in the menu.

Regards

Gopal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,871 Views)
Hey Gopal,

I believe the problem you're running into is due to the option Parameters.ReportOptions.DirectoryType in which is specified either "SequenceFileDirectory", "TestStandReportsDirectory", or "SpecificDirectory" ("SequenceFileDirectory" being the default).  If you want to specify a new directory, not only do you have to modify Parameters.ReportOptions.Directory but as well you need to modify Parameters.ReportOptions.DirectoryType as well to say "SpecificDirectory".

Hope this helps!
Thanks,

Andy McRorie
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,861 Views)

Hi
I have attached the sample file where I was facing the problem. It has two sequnece files main.seq and sample.seq. The sample.seq is called in the sequence call steps in the main. Each of these steps execute in a new sequence. They generate a report individually.

I have configured the reports option in the main.seq. When I run the main sequence, the report corresponding to the main.seq is generated in a location specified in the statement step of the report options. But the reports corressponding to the sequence call steps in the main is generated in a location specified in the reoprts option menu of teststand.

I want to modify the directory path specified in the report option of teststand, so that it can reflect on all sequences used.

Can you please sugesst me a solution for this?

Regards
Gopal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,851 Views)
Hey Gopal,

In order to change the directory location for each of your sequence files, you would need to do one of three things:
1) Modify the Report Options in Configure>>Report Options.
2) Override the ReportOptions callback in each sequence file.
3) Modify the process model.
Thanks,

Andy McRorie
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,836 Views)
Hi,
Is it possible to programatically give value to the directory in Report Options in Configure>>Report Options. Either using expressions in teststand or from Labview code.

Regards
Gopal
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,833 Views)

Hi,

Yes by using option 2 of Andrew's suggests.

Regards

Ray

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,823 Views)
Hi everyone,

Just an update in reference to Gopals's question:
Is it possible to programatically give value to the directory in Report Options in Configure>>Report Options. Either using expressions in teststand or from Labview code.

TestStand 4.2 gives you the ability to specify the report path using Expressions as well right from the Report Options dialog box. For instance, this can come in handy in situations where you might want to put all Failed UUT reports in one location and all Passed UUT reports in a different location.

For more information on this, refer to:
NI TestStand Help: Specifying Report File Paths by Expression
NI TestStand 4.2 Release Notes: Using Expressions to Customize Report File Paths

For more information on the new features in TestStand 4.2, refer to:
Whats New in TestStand 4.2

Jervin Justin
NI TestStand Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,277 Views)