From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Header - On the Fly reporting

How to include chain of failed sequence when On the Fly reporting is enabled? Using TS4.1 version.

Thanks!!

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,338 Views)

Hello lvrat,

Unfortunately TestStand 4.1 and TestStand 2010 do not show the failure chain in On the Fly reporting. TestStand 2012 has had significant changes to the process models, which show the failure chain in On the Fly reporting. You could consider exploring the new features of TestStand 2012 and perhaps upgrading.

Jacob R. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,321 Views)

Thanks Jacob.

So with 4.1, I did remove the precondition from TestReport Callback to skip when On the Fly reporting selected and same for Set Report options.

It adds the faliure chain but the Post processing take almost double (2 mins for just 50 steps) to get logged. Is this the expected overhead based on TestStand 4.1 TestReport Callback?

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,314 Views)

Hello lvrat,

I believe that is the case. You actually ran into a known issue that was fixed as CAR#301515 in TestStand 2012. You should be able to see that in the release notes.

Jacob R. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,312 Views)

I looked at the TestStand 2012 release notes here but could find anything on this topic. Is this the file you are referring to?

Is there a workaround or fix that can be used with TS4.1 to avoid the overhead of faliure chain when On The Fly is selected? Thanks.

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,301 Views)

The NI TestStand 2012 readme includes the list of bug fixes.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,290 Views)