NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report FIle Path

Can anyone tell what the "Browse" button is for under "Report options>report file pathname"   Select radio button  "Specify fixed report path file". To me this should let you browse to the directory you want to put your reports.  When I use it a window comes up : "Select report file".

This doesn't make sense!!

TS 4.2

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,029 Views)

From the TestStand help:

Specify Fixed Report File Path—When you enable this option, TestStand automatically enables the Report File Path control, in which you can specify a pathname that applies to all report files. You must specify an absolute pathname. Each report file the report generator creates overwrites the previous report file unless you enable the Append if File Already Exists option on the Contents tab.

Looks like it will always use the exact same report file.

I've personally never used that.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,026 Views)

So I have to create a dummy report initally then navigate to it in Teststand??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,021 Views)

No, you're specifying the Specific Directory where TestStand will place the reports.

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,016 Views)

OK, so I have to physically type it in the box.  What is the "Browse" button for on the same line as "Report file path"?

Configure>Report options>reportfile pathname (tab)>specify fixed report file path name

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,011 Views)
Change the drop down to Specific Directory and then click on the folder icon to pick a directory.
CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,999 Views)