NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating a failed step when using labview adaptor

Hi all,

I'm trying to allow a user to retry a step when failed. Here's my approach:

1. A step that uses a labview adaptor fails (step.result.passfail)
  2. Using the call back "SequenceFilePositStepFailure" I perform a message popup that asks the user if they want to retry the step. On the post-Expression for the popup i do the following:
    step.Result.ButtonHit == 1 ? (RunState.Caller.NextStepIndex = RunState.Caller.StepIndex) : (RunState.Caller.NextStepIndex = RunState.Caller.NextStepIndex),
    step.Result.ButtonHit == 1 ? (FileGlobals.Retry = True) : ( FileGlobals.Retry = False)
  3. Using the call back "SequenceFilePostResultListEntry" I do two steps that do the following in their Post-Expression:
    1. Parameters.DiscardResult = (Parameters.Result.Status == "Failed" && FileGlobals.Retry == True)
    2. FileGlobals.Retry = False

The above works absolutely fine if I use a step with no adaptor, but as soon as I use a labivew adaptor I get errors saying that the Step ID cannot be found. On investigation, the step ID doesn't exist anywhere in my sequence.

Where am I going wrong, how can I repeat a failed test using a labview adaptor without it appearing in my report that it failed if it passes on the retry?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,208 Views)

Hi,

This is strange because I've replicated your sequence as you've described above and it works for No Adaptor and LabView Adaptor(!)

Can you post your sequence file and we'll have a look.

Regards,

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,191 Views)

Hi Charlie,

I found the issue, my labview steps were set to go to an invalid step on failure.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,181 Views)

No problem - glad I could help.

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,169 Views)