cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove ATML Report Format from TestStand

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

It is possible to remove the ATML Report Format from TestStand (or TestExecutive) ?

I already tried to remove the folder <teststand>/Components/Models/TestStandModels/ATML

and then restarted the TestExecutive, but the option from the checkBox was still there...

Is there any way arround without changing the source code?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,780 Views)

Hi JPLO,

Thanks for posting on the National Instruments Forum. 

It is possible to disable report generation in TestStand (Configure>>Report Option). 

Hope this helps.

Benjamin R.

Senior LabVIEW Developer @Neosoft

Message 2 of 7
(3,762 Views)

Hi Benjamin!

Thanks for your reply!!

But your answer was not quite what i was looking for... I want to have the Report Generation ENABLED.

But i want to disable the ATML format report, and continue to have HTML,ASCII and XML enabled.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,759 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JPLO

Hi JPLO,

To do what you want it is not really common and trivial. So, go in the Process Model then look for the sequence Configure Report Option which calls modelsupport2.dll this DLL manages Report Option in Configure menu. If you want to disable the ATML Format you have to change this DLL and rebuild it.  

National Instruments has developed a TestStand Sequence Editor with some options and I don't really understand why you want disable ATML Format. If you can explain the goal...

Benjamin R.

Senior LabVIEW Developer @Neosoft

Message 4 of 7
(3,756 Views)

Thanks for the quick answer Benjamin!:)

I guess this is harder than i thought... i was hopping that there was an easiest solution.

My goal was creating a deploy system, where the user could generate only HTML, XML, and ASCII reports because the ATML report is too simple for printing, and no costumizable (like ASCII, i know), it is just a XML without stylesheet. For my porpuse, it is a bit useless i guess...so i was thinking at removing this type of report.

Thanks anyway Benjamin!:)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,751 Views)

You can’t remove the ATM from the report options pop up easily, but you can ignore it easily and reset it to something else. 

Add the ReportOptions callback to your sequence file.

Then check Parameters.ReportOptions.ReportStyle for the string “ATML” and over ride it to what you wish.

There may to one or two other settings you may have to check, but I would have to set up a trial to test them out.You should be able to find any others by single stepping through the report generation seq. 

I do this all the time for just about all the report and data logging options making sure they are set to the format we want and have not been set to something we do not want.  The operator can play around with the settings but they have no effect on the report file because I force them to be what I want them to be.

Jim Dailey

Test Engineer

Sanmina-SCI

13000 S. Memorial Parkway

Huntsville, AL 35803(256)

Omar
Message 6 of 7
(3,735 Views)
Thank you Omar!! 🙂 ill try your approach!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,731 Views)