From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relative paths in TypePalettes.cfg

Hello,

I'm developing a VI-Library (for TestStand) which will be used on different test and development systems.

I changed the Configuration Directory of TestStand to a folder inside my library (D:/Lib/TS_config).

Inside the Library I also have a folder with my Type Palettes for my custom step types (D:/Lib/TS/Type Palettes)

I changed the "TypePalettes.cfg" in the TS_config folder, so all my custom step types are included. 

<value arrayindex='[9]'>D:\Lib\TS\Type Palettes\TPL_Configuration.ini</value>

But in case the Library is not always put to the D drive this doesn't work anymore. Is there a way to make this path relative? I tried the following, which wasn't working.

<value arrayindex='[9]'>..\TS\Type Palettes\TPL_Configuration.ini</value>

Thank you for any help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,709 Views)

Hello 0815,

I have a potential solution for you.

TypePalettes.cfg supports using environment variables. Setting one up with the current path to your library might be a solution for you. This is example is from my machine:

<value arrayindex='[0]'>%TestStandPublic%Components\TypePalettes\MyTypes.ini</value>
<value arrayindex='[1]'>%TestStand%Components\TypePalettes\NI_DatabaseTypes.ini</value>

These demo env. variables point here:

cmd_2019-07-09_16-16-41.png

Relative paths might work as well, however I assume they might be relative to the TestStand executable or its working directory (as defined in Windows), not the .cfg file - which would be no help for your original question.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,618 Views)