From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce any delays between step execution

Hello guys.

I encounter a little problem because I need to execute two steps in a very short time, the second step must be executed in maximum 50-70ms after first. Sometimes it exceeds this time so I am searching a way to exclude any delay with can increase this time. I also serialized all executions. Maybe executing in two different threads, but I don't don't know how to do this.

Ty

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,829 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,796 Views)

Tracing impacts the speed of with which tests execute as well.  If you disable tracing you should easily be able to achieve the speeds you mentioned.

Or if you want tracing on but still want just those 2 steps to execute rapidly then put them in a sub sequence and disable tracing into that sub sequence.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 3 of 5
(1,785 Views)
Tracing is disabled but I think that I am over time target because of windows and the other applications that are running in background which introduce delays. What do you think about executing on new threads and prioritize these threads? Can it save some miliseconds?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,756 Views)

You could try that.  Or try limiting what is running on the PC.

Another option is to put the code into the same code module and control it within a single code module.  There is a lot of overhead when going back and forth between TestStand and code modules and then from step to step.

Another option would be to make a custom step and make both of the code modules post substeps.  This might help but still won't really guarantee anything if it is othr processes that are horking your speed.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 5 of 5
(1,750 Views)